• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does anyone raise pedes or isopods?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If so, if it's possible, I'd like to see your enclosures. Tomorrow I will officially be expanding into something besides tarantulas. Three different isopod species (maybe more, as the seller really sweetened the deal), two millipede species (one is currently undescribed), two centipede species (one is just something the seller decided to throw in just because). I just want to hear some tips from you all if you have any.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I tried to breed them. With no luck in the long run. I always did order them online...

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I tried to breed them. With no luck in the long run. I always did order them online...
The deal I got was amazing, I can't wait to document the unknown millipede species, they look like bumblebee millipedes on steroids.

As for the isopods, one species in particular is stunning, hopefully I can get a good culture going.

Never thought I'd get a centipede, but looking at pictures of one particular species changed my mind, and now I ordered two specimens.

I might utilize the gallery for the first time to document this project.

regalis

If so, if it's possible, I'd like to see your enclosures. Tomorrow I will officially be expanding into something besides tarantulas. Three different isopod species (maybe more, as the seller really sweetened the deal), two millipede species (one is currently undescribed), two centipede species (one is just something the seller decided to throw in just because). I just want to hear some tips from you all if you have any.
Baby red head

Attachments

• 20200311_081133.jpg
    20200311_081133.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200311_080956.jpg
    20200311_080956.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Going to update:

1. Decided not to get any isopods, due to something I read and decided it was best not to. As for the other things, those are still coming.

2. Decided to ask the seller to hold off on shipping for a few weeks, due to this shutdown.

thebookman10

I keep Dairy cow Porcellio laevis isopods, as well as a local species I gathered from the garden which I suspect to be Armadillium Vulgare. I know you decided not to get them, but isopods are really cool. SO I wanted to talk you out of not getting some, as they will also help with a bioactive setup, and in a pinch can be used as feeders for some t's and mantids. If you could tell us what was the thing you read online?

Latest posts