• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do I need a water dish for my cobalt blue

Joe williams

3 Year Member
I see alot of people who keep ts that say that a water bowl isn't nessasary for some tarantulas like my blue cobalt and that a misting will be enough as they we readily drunk form droplets on there webs ect is this true ?

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, definitely give it a dish. And I would add that, with a moisture-loving species like the H. lividum, just misting might not be enough to keep the moisture levels up for it. Unless you really soak stuff with the sprayer, the water you mist will evaporate rather quickly and won't sink too far into the substrate (just in case this is how you're keeping your's moist!).

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yep water dish is a must just like punctuation in forum posts to get your point across easier or your question answered faster or you get posts like this that make your eyes bleed and our brain throb and make people tend to skip over them as they're harder to read and understand but that could just be me ;)

Joe williams

3 Year Member
Water dishes aren't just for drinking purposes, they are also used as humidity sources. I would definitely include one with a moisture loving species such as H.lividum.
Thanks, I have a water dish in there with it I was just wondering if it was completely nessasary thanks for clearing that up for me.

Latest posts