• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diving bell spider?

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
Apologies, I know this is a true spider not a tarantula but I felt like unrelated wasn't a good place for this question? Anyways I was wondering how hard it would be to keep a diving bell spider? I wonder how it would do in a fish aquarium with fish that don't pose a threat to the spider like guppies? I know the spider would eat the guppies but thats the reasoning behind it.. technically it would be a self sufficient habitat with basically only needing to add fish flakes. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haven't looked into this species. Maybe we could get a true spider section for these?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's actually an interesting idea. I'd love to be able to watch a spider living in air bubbles underwater, hunting minnows. Fascinating animal. It makes me wonder how and why they evolved like that.