• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cyriopagopus sp. Midnight Blue (form Haplopelma sp. Midnight Blue) digging its new home

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Little Midnight has worked so hard building its new home. One problem is that it's right under the water bowl and most of the substrate is now in the water bowl so I'm not sure what to do about that.

This is just one of the many trips Midnight has made but shows how much work they put in, digging, webbing and carting.
https://youtu.be/jQ35eGgB024

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just leave it and give them a new one, seems a shame to totally disrupt things when they worked so hard to get them the way they like them,
vids not working says its set to private?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just leave it and give them a new one, seems a shame to totally disrupt things when they worked so hard to get them the way they like them,
vids not working says its set to private?

There may just be room to add another smaller bowl. I'd hoped it would burrow under the cork bark but that's Ts for you.

Sorry, the video should be working now.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
you kitty talking in the vid brought mine running to see !
My 2 male cats are big old clunker clumsy kits and think my keyboard is their personal warm spot :p
My smaller female is above such nonsense naturally ^.~

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
you kitty talking in the vid brought mine running to see !
My 2 male cats are big old clunker clumsy kits and think my keyboard is their personal warm spot :p
My smaller female is above such nonsense naturally ^.~

That was my oldest girl (she's 15) having her supper, she likes to chat while she's eating and I had to answer her forgetting that my camera records sound when it's videoing. She's such a slow eater now that I feed her in the living room so the others can't steal from her.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cute lil spider. I'm going to have to look up sp. midnight blue..I thought there were just lividus as far as blue species in Cyriopagopus..so thanks for sharing ;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Cute lil spider. I'm going to have to look up sp. midnight blue..I thought there were just lividus as far as blue species in Cyriopagopus..so thanks for sharing ;)

If you are searching for it it may be a good idea to use its original name of Haplopelma sp. Midnight Blue, it's one of those that has just been renamed.

Latest posts