• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cyriopagopus lividus Acting strange

urbexer92

I recently acquired a Cobalt blue adult female. It was taken from someone who couldn’t care from it anymore. I’ve housed it in a large tank with about 8inch of mosit substrate made starter burrow etc.
I left here a week to settle but she still seems to be acting strange . Like she’s not feisty or defensive at all just sits there . Now she has fed twice . Red runner and locust . But I’ve went to try and feed again she’s just not interested and seems very slow . (Not like a cobalt should be ) she’s not attempted to burrow whatsoever. Instead she has laid down thick web mat in the corner and sides of tank and just sits there. She’s about 5.5 inch size .

She’s been in my care 3 weeks now .
If anyone got any suggestions would be great many Thanks!!

4AC8E88C-8DFB-4FDC-83A5-0773854CC332.jpeg
F526762F-B974-415A-B20C-E8653567957C.jpeg
A9B0D796-00E9-4750-A0DE-483107FF51C9.jpeg

I haven't kept this species before, but I have kept other fossorials. I've had them take up to a month to settle before. So its possible they're still just getting comfortable, but with the kind of slowness you're describing and the web in the corner it might also be prepping for a molt. Something about having a new house and a new keeper seems to get that ball rolling for some reason in my experience. :)

urbexer92

I haven't kept this species before, but I have kept other fossorials. I've had them take up to a month to settle before. So its possible they're still just getting comfortable, but with the kind of slowness you're describing and the web in the corner it might also be prepping for a molt. Something about having a new house and a new keeper seems to get that ball rolling for some reason in my experience. :)
Thanks man really helpful