• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Curly Hair molted last night, no abdomen on molt and she’s still upside down

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My guess is that your tarantula was simply resting after the stress of the molt.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Anyone have any insight into what might have caused this and how to prevent it in the future? Something similar happened to my little Bumba cabocla sling this last molt, and I'd like to learn from it.

Louis

3 Year Member
Really awesome! That's the way this forum should be done, helpful and thoughtful. All positive mojo to both of you and your curly hair, hope its healthy.

500Miles

Sad new update, over the past 2 day I noticed her abdomen looked like it was getting kinda shriveled so I was using a syringe to give her water where she was at, also noticed she wasn’t really moving just some leg twitching and today when I got home from work, there was zero movement and her legs were sorta curled. Tried to use a brush to encourage some movement with no response so I kinda lifted her a little with it and she was stiff so it appears that she has passed away. I appreciate the help I received in this thread, I hope I did everything I could for her.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sad new update, over the past 2 day I noticed her abdomen looked like it was getting kinda shriveled so I was using a syringe to give her water where she was at, also noticed she wasn’t really moving just some leg twitching and today when I got home from work, there was zero movement and her legs were sorta curled. Tried to use a brush to encourage some movement with no response so I kinda lifted her a little with it and she was stiff so it appears that she has passed away. I appreciate the help I received in this thread, I hope I did everything I could for her.
Sorry for your loss

Latest posts