• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket Removal Question

nubka

This question probably sound silly, but I'm really serious - how do you remove the crickets from your T's enclosure without stressing your T? I've read many times, that if the crickets are not consumed within 24 hours, to remove them. I've become quite good at catching rouge crickets that escape from my beardie's tank, but the living room is not the same as my T's enclosure, lol! I'm definitely not going to be catching crickets by hand in Evelyn's tank...

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I stick a wooden skewer in the back of their head. Morbid but works really well. I'll give the cricket kabob to another T. My daughter places a small film container/small vile in the enclosure with a hole in it just big enough for the cricket. She places some dry cat food in the container and waits for the cricket to go inside then snatches it up.

nubka

I stick a wooden skewer in the back of their head. Morbid but works really well. I'll give the cricket kabob to another T. My daughter places a small film container/small vile in the enclosure with a hole in it just big enough for the cricket. She places some dry cat food in the container and waits for the cricket to go inside then snatches it up.

I might try the small vial/cat food idea next time. I managed to get both crickets out today. One by using tongs (but it was hard to catch it,) the other, I just gave up and used my hand. Poor Evelyn was cowering in the corner during this gross invasion of her spider privacy. If only she would eat...

Latest posts