• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crashing the dinner party

timc

3 Year Member
F1FE06F6-404A-4EE8-AA58-7DD8CC25A628.jpeg

Somebody dropped in to help with tonight’s feedings. Thankfully I only had two more spiders to feed once this guy was let in, but man oh man did that make them stressful. Luckily the extent of the chaos and destruction was just the crickets getting batted around a bit. Anyone else have extra helpers when you’re just trying to relax and feed the spoods?

AdamG

Most feeding drama I had recently had me catching my T.Albo The Fluffmeister in a UFC type staredown with a much smaller oppponent.

Couldn't believe the brass balls of this cricket! So lucky to get this shot, made me laugh a lot.

If you want to know the result of the contest, in the 20 seconds it took to send this shot to a friend there was a swift TKO in favour of our Heavyweight Champ.

Attachments

• 20201203_155716.jpg
    20201203_155716.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12

Sonicookie

3 Year Member
My cat used to just sit and watch my tarantula for hours when I got her, he’s the best hunter I’ve ever seen so I think he knew there was something alive in there and wanted to kill it, but couldn’t figure out how around all the fortifications I put up. My elderly cat (recently dead - rest in peace to Kumo) used to like watching the crickets too, I’d leave them out sometimes.

On the other hand, my cat’s brother is probably the worst hunter I’ve ever seen and has been pretty much oblivious to everything. He’s huge and strong and really smart, but pretty much just lazy and gentle and wants food and cuddles. He’d rather someone else play with the toy and let him watch.

Now I kind of want to see what they’d do with a cricket if I gave it to them. They go crazy for moths and the lazy one is a grasshopper-killing savage (his only true hunting skill), so I think the result would be entertaining.

Latest posts