• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cork bark shipment...

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Can anyone recommend a good site to order several slabs of cork bark? I paid 20 dollars for a slab of it in a pet store and I won't be doing it again. It's highway robbery, and I know there has to be a good place to get it cheap. Anyone have any experience with this?

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Can anyone recommend a good site to order several slabs of cork bark? I paid 20 dollars for a slab of it in a pet store and I won't be doing it again. It's highway robbery, and I know there has to be a good place to get it cheap. Anyone have any experience with this?
Sux to say it, but if there's a reptile expo coming near u, its ur best bet. The one I just went to had cork bark sheets, tubes and pieces of all sizes. I got a few tubes, 12" long for $4 each

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
did you get the mixed sized Mass? Get us a couple pics when it comes in so we can figure cost per piece,
I"m wanting some ghostwood for my arboreal enclosures lol, also, what are thoughts on split bamboo as small hides? for the little guys ^*^

Last edited:

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Man, if I'd have known it's that expensive, I'd have bought 50 pounds of it at the expo, lol.
The most expensive piece I seen there was $20, and it must've been 3' x 1', and tubes over 4' long and 7" round for $15

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
image.jpg
did you get the mixed sized Mass? Get us a couple pics when it comes in so we can figure cost per piece,
I"m wanting some ghostwood for my arboreal enclosures lol, also, what are thoughts on split bamboo as small hides? for the little guys ^*^
Broken record, but I use cork bark tubes for the arboreal t hides, as they look so natural, and I got great pieces at the expo. I split it in 1/2 so it uses the inside, against the glass to web away

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
There's one an hour from me again tmoro, but I kno if I go there, I'm spending a ton of $, and Xmas is fast approaching. I'll just wait. January 30, there's the one i go to, and I'll get a couple T's, AND that brown gold.....BARK!!! Lol

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Man, if I'd have known it's that expensive, I'd have bought 50 pounds of it at the expo, lol.
The most expensive piece I seen there was $20, and it must've been 3' x 1', and tubes over 4' long and 7" round for $15
I dont think there even are anything like that where I live dammit. I'm extremely jealous lol

rénee

3 Year Member
Looks like I have to buy mine from the pet store which runs at about 20+ also, all I need is 1 **** round and online is about 16.99 most places I've looked but because I'm in Canada I have to pay shipping yet.. so really I would just be paying about the same amount..