• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Considering my second T...can't decide!!! Your ideas?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Mind you, I said considering...I haven't gotten my parents' OK yet. I have a B. smithi now that I've had since April and she's a gem, but she's made me want another T! :D

I'm really interested in the terrestrials, and I prefer Ts that have some color. I have looked at the Mexican Fireleg, Costa Rican Zebra, Venezuelan Suntiger, Chilean Gold Burst, and Brazilian Giant Whiteknee, to name just a few. I love the Martinique Pinktoe but am not sure I want an arboreal. A more laid-back personality is also my top choice.

So if anybody can give me some ideas on a good second T and why you think so, I'd appreciate it! Thank you so much. :)

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
G. pulchra
2012-02-09%2BSable010-744772.jpg
IMG01013-20111019-1805.jpg
2012-04-09+Sable010+ventral2.jpg
IMG00940-20111005-1957.jpg

TheGreatWhiteKoos

3 Year Member
Grammostola Rosea, If you don't mind the occasional mood swings...Very hardy, easy to care for and a joy to have. Also the G.Pulchripes is great as is any of the Brachypelma species. Hope you enjoy the hobby as much as we do
20130501_182411.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good luck with finding another T, all the above are excellent suggestions but I think your first choice of b smithi would be hard to beat, just my personal preference.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Thanks for your suggestions. I'm acutally getting two more...a Chilean Gold Burst and a Venezuelan Suntiger sling. Can't wait!!! :D

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
White Knees are nice. Lasiodora Parahybana. Mines always out unless I spook it during cage maintenance or accidentally bump the enclosure. Green Bottle Blues are awesome. I got 4 of them and they are the best eaters I have. I actually had one do a back flip, kick itself off the side of the enclosure and barrel roll to grab a cricket. Was awesome, really wish I had got it on camera. Versicolors are nice looking too, as long as you don't over think the humidity. I'll post some pics here in a sec. Have to upload them to photobucket.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I looooove the Avicularia genus. I'm hoping to expand my avic collection in the near future. I've always been a fan of the Amazon biosphere, especially with fish keeping and seem to be that way with T's as well.

Anyone know where I can get an inexpensive A. versicolor and A. laeta slings?

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I looooove the Avicularia genus. I'm hoping to expand my avic collection in the near future. I've always been a fan of the Amazon biosphere, especially with fish keeping and seem to be that way with T's as well.

Where are you located? Will be easier to suggest dealers/breeders with that info :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member

Jamie's Tarantula's has both. I think they are each $29.

Latest posts