• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum.
I will not get Aphonopelma chalcodes as first T.Aldough mostly calm and sweet they have the tendency to fast for extremely long periods of time.I have one adult female that has not been eating in my care since I got her 3 months ago and probably few months before that.I have personally spoke with people whose fasted for nearly 2 years.For someone new to Ts like me this is nerv wracking till U get it in your head this is sth they just do.
Regarding YouTube Tom Moran is a great resource.He is teacher by profession and explains thing very well.
My fav and first T is LasiodoraParahybana 7"AF .Its a bulky spider but mine is such a sweetheart. Always out,slow moving and eats like a beast.
Regards Konstantin

Allie1997

Welcome to the forum.
I will not get Aphonopelma chalcodes as first T.Aldough mostly calm and sweet they have the tendency to fast for extremely long periods of time.I have one adult female that has not been eating in my care since I got her 3 months ago and probably few months before that.I have personally spoke with people whose fasted for nearly 2 years.For someone new to Ts like me this is nerv wracking till U get it in your head this is sth they just do.
Regarding YouTube Tom Moran is a great resource.He is teacher by profession and explains thing very well.
My fav and first T is LasiodoraParahybana 7"AF .Its a bulky spider but mine is such a sweetheart. Always out,slow moving and eats like a beast.
Regards Konstantin

Thank you so much! I didn’t know that about the Arizona Blonde’s. I’d probably have a heart attack if I got one and it wouldn’t eat for me, thinking it was trying to off itself or something equally dramatic, haha! I’m really liking the GBB right now I think I may end up going with a sling if that kind. I’m not sure if I’m ready to tackle a bird eater, I’ve seen plenty of videos on how fast they can move! (Though I’m sure by species they vary). I’ll look more into the kind you suggested and I’ll look up the YouTuber as well. Thank you again!!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the forum :)
I just wanted to add my suggestion in here for G. Pulchripes(I know another member has suggested also) . A great beginners species that are often overlooked.. They are a nice size as adults with a docile temperament and usually good feeders and gorgeous looking too.. Definitely one I'd recommend looking into

Last edited:

Allie1997

Hello and welcome to the forum :)
I just wanted to add my suggestion in here for G. Pulchripes(I know another member has suggested also) . A great beginners species that are often overlooked.. They are a nice size as adults with a docile temperament and usually good feeders and gorgeous looking too.. Definitely one I'd recommend looking into

Thank you! Every opinion counts. I’ve been doing tons of research for the best T for me. I’m really liking the GBB and the A. Versicolor but I have a list I’ve been going through, haha.

Latest posts