• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned (molting??)

thholyghst

Woke up this morning to find my B. Hamorii like this. It looks like she’s molting upright instead of on her back and I can’t tell if she’s alright. I haven’t touched her or anything so I’ll check on her again later today but should I be worried??

Attachments

• IMG_8998.jpeg
    IMG_8998.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It does happen occasionally and they do seem to manage fine. Even my 17 year old B. hamorii moulted upright last time without any issues.

Last edited:

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have seen my one of my G. pulchra and one G. pulchripes do this. A bit unnerving, but in general nature knows best.

thholyghst

Update: She’s molted. She’s been in her hide but I was able to retrieve her exoskeleton and pin it to dry. My plan is to create an art piece with each molt as she ages cause I’m weird.

Attachments

• IMG_9086.jpeg
    IMG_9086.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8

GarField000

3 Year Member
I have seen great collections off molt from sling to adult. Nice to see.
Great she molted good. Now she will harden up and in 10 days you can feed her again .

thholyghst

It’s been a couple of days and it looks like part of the exuvia is still attached to her abdomen. Should I increase the humidity to help or just wait and keep an eye on her? I haven’t attempted feeding, just topping off water.

Attachments

• IMG_9211.jpeg
    IMG_9211.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6

GarField000

3 Year Member
She molted tuesday so no feeding until next week friday or something like that.

I am not sure if upping the humidy will change anything now it's already hard.
I do read it more often it's not always perfect when they molt upright, but you cant do much about that.

Just keep the water in there ....

Latest posts