• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chilobrachys sp Camodian blue pairing

iHappyfi

3 Year Member
My male matured out around 2 weeks ago ready for my adult female. I put him in the enclosure with her and he seemed to be feeling around so I was expecting drumming as he comes to the entrance of her burrow. But nope.. he just walked in there and decided to seal himself in? She of course chased him out and he did get away luckily and I quickly separated them, but it seems he didn't sense her at all? Ill give him a while longer before attempting again, perhaps I tried too soon?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My male matured out around 2 weeks ago ready for my adult female. I put him in the enclosure with her and he seemed to be feeling around so I was expecting drumming as he comes to the entrance of her burrow. But nope.. he just walked in there and decided to seal himself in? She of course chased him out and he did get away luckily and I quickly separated them, but it seems he didn't sense her at all? Ill give him a while longer before attempting again, perhaps I tried too soon?
Have you seen your MM sperm webbing yet? Chances are he just isn't ready yet..put his enclosure next to hers and leave them a while and observe his behaviour... If he's ready I'd expect him to be tapping around his enclosure and sperm webbing then try again :)

iHappyfi

3 Year Member
Have you seen your MM sperm webbing yet? Chances are he just isn't ready yet..put his enclosure next to hers and leave them a while and observe his behaviour... If he's ready I'd expect him to be tapping around his enclosure and sperm webbing then try again :)
He has laid a sperm web but I haven't seen any tapping yet, I will watch and see. Thanks for the help, I'll keep you updated :)