• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chile Rose Health

AdrianSpider

3 Year Member
Hello, my Chile Rose has developed a white lump on its leg. I fear it might be fungal growth as the enclosure might have been too humid. Can anyone please confirm if I'm correct or mistaken? Also, it would be great if anyone could suggest any treatments, if any.
Many thanks,

Adrian
IMG_4615[1].JPG
IMG_4614[1].JPG

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I've never seen fungus on tarantulas but it does happen, that might be what it is. There also seem to be some spots on the hide she's sitting on.

Is your substrate wet??? For a Rosie you want it completely dry as they are an arid species from the desert. (The only form of water they need is what's in their water dish.) Since fungus can only thrive in wet conditions, once the cage is completely dried out, hopefully whatever it is will just go away.

Tgirl1010

3 Year Member
I haven't seen anything like that. With the dry conditions they need, I would think it would be hard for a fungus to develop. I would make sure she is set up correctly, and I wouldn't worry too much about it. She looks good otherwise.

AdrianSpider

3 Year Member
Hi, thanks for the responses. I have replaced her substrate with dry wood bark from a good supplier. I've been told it is likely to be fungus but hopefully in its next molt it might be able to get rid of it. Here's hoping

Latest posts