• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chaco Golden Knee Molt

jdevall77

3 Year Member
I was very lucky to catch the last molt of my Chaco Golden Knee, which is just over a year old. I was also able to get some really great photos. This is something I've wanted to see since first owning a tarantula about four years ago. I want to share my photos.

First, here she is, seeming to die, but getting ready. She rolled over, and her legs stopped moving a few at a time.

IMG_2551.JPG IMG_2553.JPG IMG_2561.JPG

A little over an hour later, her back started to swell, and the molt started. It was not what I expected, Her new front started to emerge from her back. Little by little she came out.

IMG_2563.JPG IMG_2564.JPG IMG_2565.JPG IMG_2567.JPG IMG_2571.JPG IMG_2572.JPG IMG_2573.JPG IMG_2576.JPG IMG_2578.JPG IMG_2580.JPG

That was as late as I could stay up for. He're how I found her when I got up.

IMG_2587.JPG

Here she is one week after molt. She's doing very well, and grew a whole lot. Her colors are more pronounced, and she's looking great.

IMG_2597.JPG IMG_2601.JPG

I've really been wanting to catch a molt in action. She could rest on my finger tip when I got her, Oct. 13 last year. This is her fifth molt since I've had her. She should have about another year of growing to do. I hope you found this interesting.

Latest posts