• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Celebrity Spider

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Friday night I met up with a guy who was looking for a home for a young A. avicularia. They had used her (not sure of sex, but I always call this species her) for a television show and the crew were going to 'kill her or let her loose or something' according to the guy who saved her.
I have to give kudos to this guy because he was clearly afraid of her. He said that he had fed her and that she 'moves so fast and it freaked me out'. He did the best he could, with absolutely no knowledge of how to keep them. Yesterday I transferred her to a new enclosure. She is fairly small and was wandering around and checking out her new home last night. I put a small cricket in, but I am not sure if she ate.
This is what she came to me in...

_DSC4646-2.jpg

_DSC4647-2.jpg

I had to laugh because she was taped up completely and he also had this huge weight that he kept on the top. I guess that overkill on the security is better than not enough. That is a live plant in there. He really did do the best he could, but good thing she didn't have to stay in there for too long.
Here she is (don't look too closely at my really poor hole making, I'm not a DIY person)...

_DSC4737-2.jpg

_DSC4692-2.jpg

VanessaS

3 Year Member
Yes, I'm glad that he saved her despite his obvious fear. Big kudos to him for that. I felt really badly for destroying that lovely tube web, but that enclosure was very poor. Plus, it was a thin glass vase and that is just an accident waiting to happen around here.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes, I'm glad that he saved her despite his obvious fear. Big kudos to him for that. I felt really badly for destroying that lovely tube web, but that enclosure was very poor. Plus, it was a thin glass vase and that is just an accident waiting to happen around here.
Well done for rescuing. Did he also tell you what show "she" will be in. Would be cool to get it on youtube and share at some point ☺

VanessaS

3 Year Member
When she has a chance to settle in a bit, I will send the guy a photo and ask what show. I was tired and a bit pissed off when I met up with him and I didn't ask. :p

Latest posts