• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

caribena versicolor home

AndyBunn

Hi all

I have a caribena versicolor t that's about 2 1/2 years old and doing fine.

I have ensured that there has been coss ventilation in all of the caribena versicolor's previous homes.

I fee days ago I rehomed the T into a tall arboreal enclosure. It has ventilation in the lid but not at the sides. Is this going to be ok or doni need to put vent holes on the side panels?

i have attached some photos of the enclosure.

thanks

andy

Attachments

• IMG20230417163913.jpg
    IMG20230417163913.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG20230417163919.jpg
    IMG20230417163919.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 12

Ted 1968

I have a Glass setup like that for my A. avics and they do great. But.... if it was plastic I would put a few holes down the bottom .

Ted 1968

Hi Ted 1968. Thanks for the advice. Just wondering why the bottom of the enclosure?

Would mid way be better or should i do both?
Hi Ted 1968. Thanks for the advice. Just wondering why the bottom of the enclosure?

Would mid way be better or should i do both?
I probably should have been more Specific .(I hope No one started Drilling holes on the Actual Bottom, LOL ) I like to put them about 1" over the substrate line , On opposite sides of the tank for "cross ventilation" Whenever I have seen Mold it was started where the Substrate and tank meet. For a more humid species I might raise them up. I'm Sure there are Other Methods but, This has always worked for me.

Ted 1968

I'm not dumb enough to put holes in the bottom lmao.

I've put holes just above the substrate level and near the top of the enclosure.

thanks for your help
Here is a Juvenile A. avicularia in a Top Vent Only Glass Enclosure. This is my "goto" setup for small avicularia. I Intend to bring the Substrate up about 2-3" (4-5cm). They have done well in this setup

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_113919966.jpg
    IMG_20230419_113919966.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11

Latest posts