• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. versicolor growing VERY slowly

smallbike

3 Year Member
I’ve had Mittens since she(?) was a .5-.75” sling, and after 3 years, she’s only around 2.75.” Otherwise she seems healthy, takes prey down fast and furious, and has a pretty great little web treehouse.

She’s in a 4" x 4" x 7-1/4" AMAC enclosure with coco fiber on the bottom with a bottle cap water dish, plenty of fake plants at the top and lots of ventilation. I’m in the SF Bay Area so temps are generally mild year round - my apartment stays around 68F in the winter and whatever it is outside in the summer (usually 70s). I don’t power feed, I usually just try to keep her abdomen just a bit bigger than her cephalothorax.

At this point, I’m assuming female as the males grow so much faster - but even for a female, this seems REALLY slow. Should I be worried or modify husbandry? Or is she just on the slower range of normal?