• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

C. fimbriatus just Died!

Leepbby

3 Year Member
I am at a loss. My juvienile female C. fimbriatus aka violet earth tiger tarantula went down into her burrow 4 days ago right after she had her meal and just died. I'm completely at a loss as to what might have happened. She was a voracious eater very active and as far as I could tell the only thing that was needed was to rehouse her but obviously that didn't get to happen. Usually just picking up her enclosure would get her to move around a lot and she did not spend a lot of time underground even though I know alot of this species does. So after watching this difference in her normal routine at the end of the 4th day I tried to see if I could coax her out with a long leaf but she didn't move at all. She was not in death curl whatsoever so its really stumped me. I ended up pulling up the dirt to completely check on her at this point and absolutely no movement. I needed to know if she was okay especially before trying to rehouse her. She's definitely had to have passed but her abdomen is not concaved or anything so its just mind boggling. I've had her for almost a 1 1/2 years now this is just so saddening. Has anything like this happened to anyone else that might have an idea on why she just Died?
20221103_083630.jpg
20221103_083443.jpg

Leepbby

3 Year Member
Sorry for your loss .
Thank you it actually saddened me more than I thought it would. I lost a A. metallica a few months back but it was his time its horrible when its a juvenile that you brought up from a sling but did not really get a chance to live. Its just sad .... But thank you again for the kind words...

Latest posts