• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BTS 17th may

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Latest from The BTS following an email I sent asking if event still going ahead.

"At the moment we are still on but this might change. I will be making a statement later"

watch this space!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Sad to say, I guarantee it will be cancelled/postponed seeing as it is due to be held at the time when all the experts say we will be in the peak of Covid 19 cases. It is projected that within the next 12 months 80% of the UK population will catch this thing and out of those 7.9 MILLION people will require hospital treatment.

I do apologise for going off on a tangent though and for making any of you guys feel depressed!

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sad to say, I guarantee it will be cancelled/postponed seeing as it is due to be held at the time when all the experts say we will be in the peak of Covid 19 cases. It is projected that within the next 12 months 80% of the UK population will catch this thing and out of those 7.9 MILLION people will require hospital treatment.

As I have said to quite a few people recently, who seem to think the NHS will be there for them when needed, we can't take care of our regular sick people. What will we do with 8 million people rocking up to our overcrowded hospitals needing ventilators etc? Lots of people are going to die due to unprecedented demand on services, who would have otherwise survived. People who need cancer treatment, heart bypasses etc etc will not get those operations on time when this thing gets really bad. Our doctors and nurses will get burnt out and end up catching this virus themselves.

I'm doing all I can to try to stay safe and trying to drum it into my nearest and dearest too. I'm one of those people who is prone to chest infections if I catch a cold and my kid has asthma, so yeah I'm worried. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't.

I do apologise for going off on a tangent though and for making any of you guys feel depressed!
Not at all. wise words, well said

Like I also said on my other post. Stay safe everyone.

DOS1392

Screenshot_20200316-211617_Firefox.jpg

Well this is on the venues website as of today

E

ExMember

Hope it works out for you guys. Our next one is the end of May and lots of people are wondering if it's going to get pulled.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have just had an email about the exhibition.

"After much discussion it has been decided that in light of the current Coronavirus situation and Government guidelines that the BTS Exhibition 17th May 2020 will be postponed.

The well-being and safety of all Exhibitors, Visitors and Staff has to be our top priority. We have been working with the WEC to arrange an alternative date.

Therefore the BTS Exhibition 2020 will be postponed until Sunday July 12th 2020. If this date becomes unachievable then we will push it further back in the year. Rest assured the BTS Exhibition WILL go on. We will keep you updated through all the usual channels."

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As I always say....If someone says you have too many Ts, get rid of them, you dont need that negativity in your life :D

I assume you missed their post asking for suppliers of Black Widows then?