• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brazilian Black and Honduran Curly

Reaver925

I believe both of my Ts are in premolt. My question is does anyone in the forum remember their experiences with either one of these species and how long they stayed in premolt? The Brazilian black is 1 1/4” and Honduran Curly is 3/4”. I know not all experiences are the same. I just want to hear about some to see what length of time I will be looking at.

Seekeroftruth

I believe both of my Ts are in premolt. My question is does anyone in the forum remember their experiences with either one of these species and how long they stayed in premolt? The Brazilian black is 1 1/4” and Honduran Curly is 3/4”. I know not all experiences are the same. I just want to hear about some to see what length of time I will be looking at.

At about that size my g pulchra was in pre molt for about three weeks.

At about that size my nicaraguan curly hair went into pre molt for a couple weeks.

timc

3 Year Member
At that size I don’t recall my albo being in premolt more than a few weeks. Temperatures and humidity play a role in length of premolt as well. Cooler/dryer = longer, warmer/wetter = shorter.

TOTHEMOON11

@Reaver925 You have to remember that G.pulchras are very slow growers, and can fast without being in pre molt for mounts. My 2" G.pulchra was in its burrow for 3 mouths before it molted.

That being said it was only in "pre molt" for 4 weeks (i can see into its burrow).
Just be patient and your T will show its new clothes soon enough. :)

Reaver925

Tha
@Reaver925 You have to remember that G.pulchras are very slow growers, and can fast without being in pre molt for mounts. My 2" G.pulchra was in its burrow for 3 mouths before it molted.

That being said it was only in "pre molt" for 4 weeks (i can see into its burrow).

Thank you. This is the information I was looking for. When I researched them before I purchased one I read that they are slow growers just didn’t realize how slow. Thanks again.

Latest posts