• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brand new to hobby

PaulaDebra

Hi I have spent the last 2 1/2 month's reading and watching videos on The beast beginner Ts and how to care for them..I have bought everything I need to care for them..now I am ready to buy my first tarantulas ( so excited). I need help with finding reputable breeders to buy from. I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi I have spent the last 2 1/2 month's reading and watching videos on The beast beginner Ts and how to care for them..I have bought everything I need to care for them..now I am ready to buy my first tarantulas ( so excited). I need help with finding reputable breeders to buy from. I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.
Hi and welcome to the forum:)
you've come to the right place for all the help you need obtaining your first tarantulas....
there are several members here that maybe able to help you including @Arachnoclown @Casey K. ....
good luck :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! We do hope you enjoy your stay and become a permanent member of our community! We strive to treat everyone with respect and as if they are family. We may be a bit uncanny at times but it's of the purest intentions. :) We joke, we laugh and we offer advice on how to care for your new critters.

MissKitty

Do not, do not ,I repeat,do not buy from Backwater Reptiles.!
Jamie's Tarantulas are great! Always do your research on who you are buying from!

nedaK

Do not, do not ,I repeat,do not buy from Backwater Reptiles.!
Jamie's Tarantulas are great! Always do your research on who you are buying from!
I got my b hamorii from them. When I was choosing sizes I chose 3-4” minimum, when it got to my house it was 2.5”.

Edit: it was also catatonic

Last edited:

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!

I ordered my GBB from Fear Not Tarantulas and recommend them for sure!. Great communication... They are always happy to answer questions and give advice if you email them. They are located in Virginia Beach, VA.

Best of luck!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Paula there are several reputable online vendors, but I suggest the classifieds here, and on that other site. Check reviews, there are lots of knowledgable breeders and sellers, and they all advertise on the forums. Good luck!

Latest posts