• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Birthday

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
My 10 year old daughter comes up to me earlier and says...."guess what is in 14 days?"
I was like "what? Xmas is in 6 days, not 14."
She says..."no it's your birthday! Your 40th bday!"
"Greeeeaaaat", I say sadly.
Then she asked if she can use some money in her piggy bank to buy me something. I said sure, figuring a bday card.
She pulls $30 out, and says she's buying me a T, a Cobalt Blue, because she knows I want one sooo bad.
Man, I got choked up, but said put ur money away hun, I'll get it when I can.
Boy, I'm a lucky man and Dad.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's so nice, what a sweety she must be, got a little tear myself,
Spiderdad, Don't take that away from her, let her get you something less expensive if you must
but let her feel like she made your day with something special,

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
That's so nice, what a sweety she must be, got a little tear myself,
Spiderdad, Don't take that away from her, let her get you something less expensive if you must
but let her feel like she made your day with something special,
My girls always draw me pix, make me cards and pamper me on my birthdays, lol. I tell em it's all I need. When we're ready we can pick out a T together

~8-legz~

3 Year Member
it really warms your heart when the little ones show their love in wanting to buy things for people! my kids are constantly wanting to dip into the piggy banks so they can buy this or that for this person or that person and they always seem to amaze me how thoughtful their little minds really are :)