• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Big booty?

TarantulaGirl549

3 Year Member
Hey,

So, I'm relatively new to the hobby, have 5 T's in the collection and noticed that my B.Vegans and my B.Smith have well... Fat asses!

The vegans eats her food like a fat kid eats cake and gobble's anything in sight, even trying to go for my fingers!
The smithi, despite having a big butt, is starting to reject food.

Is a big bum anything to worry about, or will it all even out after a molt? WP_20140401_011.jpg

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
a large abdomen can be dangerous, but from the pics you've posted it doesn't look all that large. As long as the abdomen and Carapace are of similar size you're ok.
If your tarantula's abdomen does get excessive, it can cause molting problems, and make it more fragile.

TarantulaGirl549

3 Year Member
a large abdomen can be dangerous, but from the pics you've posted it doesn't look all that large. As long as the abdomen and Carapace are of similar size you're ok.
If your tarantula's abdomen does get excessive, it can cause molting problems, and make it more fragile.

Thanks for the heads up. I did have a feeling it could be bad. Gonna put the vegans on a diet I think lol.