• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best First Old World?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One I'd recommend is a Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black. I've had my girl over 4 years from a tiny sling a big, chunky, gloosy black beauty and she's never caused me a problem or shown a threat pose.

full

lasiodora-parahybana1980

3 Year Member
One I'd recommend is a Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black. I've had my girl over 4 years from a tiny sling a big, chunky, gloosy black beauty and she's never caused me a problem or shown a threat pose.

full
Maybe I'll look into this species later on when I get more comfortable thanks for the information

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The best tarantula in your list is the Brachypelma boehmei. No other tarantula is as beautiful, in my opinion. And they tend to just sit and stare at you, looking gorgeous and dangerous. (They aren't, of course). Maybe its in my mind, but they pose like no other.. And mine have always hit prey like they were starving. A fantastic, solid addition to any connoisseur's collection.

Latest posts