• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

best a. versicolor sling enclosure ideas?

jrh3

3 Year Member
whats everyone using for these at 1in size? fake plants, moss? coco fiber? pics even better. I want to have the best setup to prevent death. i heard they are harder to keep from sudden avic death.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is what I'm moving my little Avic into soon, it's not quite 1" yet.

Dry coco fibre, plant, cork bark , and a waterbowl. Their main requirement is plenty of cross ventilation so lots of air holes.

jrh3

3 Year Member
what are the dimensions of that? im looking for those now the ones on jamies tarantula site, if i can find them on ebay or something cheaper

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@jrh3 The ones I use are 3" x 4" x 8.5" high but I'm in the UK so you may not be able to get them where you are. Those you've found will be fine.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Honestly, a deli cup is the best enclosure you can probably go with. Sudden Avic death syndrome is yet another common myth in this hobby that needs to be squashed. The cause of death is almost always linked to poor keeping-conditions/husbandry. The most common of these is poor ventilation. Avicularia do well with lots of cross-ventilation, which is achieved by simply drilling several rows of holes on the sides of the enclosure. This why certain premade enclosures, such as Kritter Keeper's and exo-terra glass enclosures don't make the most suitable homes for Avic in my opinion. Whatever you use, it obviously needs to be appropriately sized, and should have enough height to it to where it'd be appropriate for an arboreal species. I'd definitely go with something that it made off a thinner plastic, since A) it is easier to punch holes through without cracking, and B) they are usually clearer and thus easier to see into.

jrh3

3 Year Member
i got 6 of those amac boxes coming on the 8th, will have 3 left over to make for future T's.. for these avicularia does anyone have a pic showing how moist the cage is. i got the vent flow under control just dont want it to wet or dry for them.

Meludox

3 Year Member
i got 6 of those amac boxes coming on the 8th, will have 3 left over to make for future T's.. for these avicularia does anyone have a pic showing how moist the cage is. i got the vent flow under control just dont want it to wet or dry for them.
Dry sub is all you need. You can make it kinda moist if you want to hold a bit more humidity but not too much.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i use dry sub for mine and a water dish. then mist the sides a time or two a week for it to drink the water droplets

Latest posts