• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beginner

kodakcollector

We are moving to the high desert in Mexico. Recently, we have found adolescent tarantulas walking in our yard. I assume that there are way more around than we have discovered. I have not captured any. I would like to learn more about them.

The top image was taken yesterday, the bottom two about a week ago. That one was walking across the brick patio into the lavender. Both are about 1.5 inches

I think we have seen 5 total, the largest about 4 inches.

20200201_161919.jpg

20200122_114049.jpg

20200122_113827.jpg

kodakcollector

Thanks everyone, although I have kept critters in the past, for now my terrarium is five acres of tall grass, mesquite and cactus.
I would like to know where to look for these crawlers. To see if I can photograph one in its den. Maybe someone can identify if I am finding more than one variety.

The one on the brick is from last year and the biggest one I have seen so far. The brick is about 6 inches wide. After the worker showed us, he let it go. Not so with rattlesnakes, the locals kill them on sight.
Screenshot_20200202-142844_Flickr.jpg
15806758579662458071110669841322.jpg

The other is our back yard. Lots of places to look. But, so far they have found us. This spring the locusts were out of control. So food was abundant. Not so much now. So maybe they are hunting.

E

ExMember

Welcome to the site! I'm new around here too. Seems like an awesome place to live. There are no tarantulas where I live so I am kinda jealous:beer: