• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bald patch with dark outline!?

Goldiesgiants

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
It's been there since the T arrived.
I know that a bald patch can be from flicking hairs. And I know that a dark bald batch is a sign of pre molt but my A. Geniculata has a bald patch with a dark outline and I've not seen very much on this particular thing.

Thanks as always guys.

Attachments

• 20240114_031912.jpg
    20240114_031912.jpg
    965 KB · Views: 8

Goldiesgiants

I tried to post the same thing on arachnoboards and I got one reply and it was extremely rude about the picture quality. I'm glad I'm getting decent answers from nice people on this forum.

GarField000

3 Year Member
Arachnoboards is the not nicest place for new owners. But there is very much info there. I only read there if I want to find something.

I wouldn't worry about the spot. AFter a molt everything is back to normal.
It could be from kicking hairs from stress, it could be for creating a bed to molt .... Spiders do what spiders do :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Goldiesgiants

Arachnoboards is the nicest place for new owners. But there is very much info there. I only read there if I want to find something.

I wouldn't worry about the spot. AFter a molt everything is back to normal.
It could be from kicking hairs from stress, it could be for creating a bed to molt .... Spiders do what spiders do :D
Thank you so much for the answer. Yeah I don't think I'll be using arachnoboards anymore unless it's to try and find some info.

Latest posts