• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bald patch on MM Avic avic

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Hi,

I wondered if this is normal or something to worry about? I didn't think this species flicked hair but rather rubbed it, so I wonder whether he has been rubbing his hairs around the enclosure? Is this a MM thing to attract a female? The bald looks quite severe :/ I am also worried as I know they don't live that long once mature so wondered if this is an end of life sign.

Amelia moulted into a mature male I think a few months ago. He was in the cork bark for ages and I've never seen the moult, so I am not sure when exactly; he just emerged one day with hooks. He is doing lots of wanderings so I think is looking for a lady now and will hopefully be going to ilovebrachys soon for mating.

Attachments

• DSC02228 - Copy.JPG
    DSC02228 - Copy.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC02233 - Copy.JPG
    DSC02233 - Copy.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 9

JACEY

I am a new collector. In my studies, the balding can be both flicking hairs and premolt. Although Avics throw poop as a defence. Little white stuff. Pretty interesting. I've learned keep researching and observing. I've learned Avics are temperamental with their own personalities. My juvenile Avic Sunday is very shy and balls up like eww all in "her" (not confirmed) feelings for hours. My juvenile Curlys are more easy going. Anywoo, good luck. Jamie, 2 Curlys and an Avic.

Tarantulafeets

Yes, I'm pretty sure avicularinae rub their hairs onto the danger than flick them, but because it's a MM, it could have been walking around its enclosure and rubbing it onto the decor while searching for a mate.

Latest posts