• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bad week here

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sadly my pink toe Midas has died. He came from a grotty shop where i bought some slings that were in mouldy pots and another pink toe who died earlier this year. Lovely spider very sad loss am going to bury him in a moment beside Herod.
Pirate my genic has matured, I didnt see the hooks on his legs as he was lounging about on his web and they seem to be higher up and turn inward more than any other mature male I have ever owned. He is skinny, scrawny, leggy and restless and I need to advertise him for stud duties asap .
Diamond and Dakota both moulted and instinct is saying male on both of them they are both small and I could be wrong but going on rosies I have owned in the past at different sizes they are both looking more than likely male.
Im still not sure of Money Candy Rapunzel Tsunami or Coppelia tho.....

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm so sorry to hear about Midas :( *hugs* Also keeping my fingers crossed for Pirate to find a suitable wench to have babies with...and also that some of your kids moult out to be female!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Bast its been really horrible. Poor beautiful Midas. My main concern now is pirate I will ring the two nice pet shops tomorrow and see if either of them have a use for him. Diamond and Dakota are nowhere near to full grown so should be around for quite a while yet. I think Candy and Tsunami are more than likely female. I need some new babies to cheer myself up.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wish I lived closer and had a proper mate for Pirate :( Definitely go get some new babies!!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
We would end up with thousands of them Bast cos neither of us would part with any babies lol. Im pretty sure Bandit is female tho so maybe she will moult soon....

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks a lot Db he was a little sweety pie. I hope he enjoyed living here. I was telling my Dad the other day about Midas dying and Pirate maturing and he said "well thats human nature." Err no its spider nature. I will contact the man I bought Pirate from on Monday and see if he can use him.

Sabeth

3 Year Member
So sorry about Midas...I saw Pirate on the thread you posted a couple days ago, he is one beautiful T! Hopefully he'll find an equally beautiful partner. :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry for your losses HQ. That really sucks! At least they died in a better environment than they came into the world in.
Thanks that does mean a lot. I try and give all my animals the best of everything and hope they like being with me :'(

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So sorry about Midas...I saw Pirate on the thread you posted a couple days ago, he is one beautiful T! Hopefully he'll find an equally beautiful partner. :)
Ah thanks a lot. Midas was very sweet really miss him. And pirate certainly wont go to waste. Watch this space for news of Pirate Juniour but could be a long time yet.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
UPDATE ON PIRATE

Pirate is going back to his breeder tomorrow :) :(
Just got off the phone, he will be going in with one of there females then if all goes ok he will advertise him on face book. As many of you know I really love him and want him to be happy and have a succesful stud careeer he is far too lovely to go to waste but I will miss him terribly. Im really upset but I know he is going to a great place and i would never find a better home for him. As it is he is lounging around on his web looking fed up. Hopefully he is big enough to look after himself should he get an angry woman. If I get any updayes I will let you know how he is doing.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No worries HQ! He is going to someone who knows what he is doing and will be well cared for as he doe what he was created to do. Hopefully he will have a successful stud career and enjoy his days after being "put out to pasture." *hugs* chin up!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It definately is the best thing for him thanks DB. have to admit im quite upset tho and just hope i dont make a total ass of myself crying when I hand him over. Pirate is so lovely I really hope he will be safe and happy and busy. I totally trust the people hes going to tho.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Sadly my pink toe Midas has died. He came from a grotty shop where i bought some slings that were in mouldy pots and another pink toe who died earlier this year. Lovely spider very sad loss am going to bury him in a moment beside Herod.
Pirate my genic has matured, I didnt see the hooks on his legs as he was lounging about on his web and they seem to be higher up and turn inward more than any other mature male I have ever owned. He is skinny, scrawny, leggy and restless and I need to advertise him for stud duties asap .
Diamond and Dakota both moulted and instinct is saying male on both of them they are both small and I could be wrong but going on rosies I have owned in the past at different sizes they are both looking more than likely male.
Im still not sure of Money Candy Rapunzel Tsunami or Coppelia tho.....

Sorry for your loss, I also have a Pink Toe and LOVE him dearly!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
UPDATE ON PIRATE

Pirate is going back to his breeder tomorrow :) :(
Just got off the phone, he will be going in with one of there females then if all goes ok he will advertise him on face book. As many of you know I really love him and want him to be happy and have a succesful stud careeer he is far too lovely to go to waste but I will miss him terribly. Im really upset but I know he is going to a great place and i would never find a better home for him. As it is he is lounging around on his web looking fed up. Hopefully he is big enough to look after himself should he get an angry woman. If I get any updayes I will let you know how he is doing.
*HUGS* I know this is bitter sweet for you, but you are giving him the chance to do what male T's do! This is what he was born to do! He will be happy, and hopefully you will get some of his babies to help ease the pain (you are getting babies right??).

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks Bast.
Well I dropped Pirate off earlier, everyone was cooing over him and saying how handsome he is I got a bit upset handing him over but Rob who I. originally bought him from was straight on the phone sorting out females and promised regular emails and a few babies from a egg sacs. Pirate will be meeting his first female on friday. They were asking loads of questions about him and really put me at ease. I also mentioned that the other ts I bought from them were doing well.
All up to fate now, good luck to my beautiful Pirate.......

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Much luck to Pirate and his lucky lady friend(s) :) Keeping my fingers crossed for lots of beautiful Pirate babies :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks again Bast it was hard to leave him and my front room seems a bit empty as I only have a few big ts in large enclosures. Hopefully I will have some of his babies here eventually. Rob and his wife were really interested in finding out all about him tho and i didnt feel like I was dumping him off on people who wouldnt look after him. I feel quite optomistic and confident.