• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Phidippus Regius Advice?

shatteredpast7

Hi, I have some baby jumpers on the way and I have never had an eggsac before. Any advice? Also, where is the best place to buy little vials/containers to keep the babies in? Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG20220628233434.jpg
    IMG20220628233434.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4

MBullock

3 Year Member
These are great for phids. Large enough for them to run away. You should co-hab them for a while as slings, wait til they start to cannibalize to separate them.

I would just put the mom's enclosure inside and open the door and keep it open, let the slings escape into the screen cage and put a light over it so they head to the light, making it easier to open the screen door and feed or separate. You can make a 'pooter' to collect the slings easily.

You will have a far easier time keeping the phid slings communally for the first few instars. once they hit i4 they will begin to fight and at that stage they're large enough for small mealworms and easier to separate.

To feed them communally, simply just put a fruit fly container in there, or better yet, let fruit get infested outside then put the fruit inside the screen cage- perpetual fruit fly dispenser :p
Vials are too small. use 4-5 oz delicups when they reach i4.

If you can get them, newborn red runners are fantastic and often two slings will share one nymph.

shatteredpast7

These are great for phids. Large enough for them to run away. You should co-hab them for a while as slings, wait til they start to cannibalize to separate them.

I would just put the mom's enclosure inside and open the door and keep it open, let the slings escape into the screen cage and put a light over it so they head to the light, making it easier to open the screen door and feed or separate. You can make a 'pooter' to collect the slings easily.

You will have a far easier time keeping the phid slings communally for the first few instars. once they hit i4 they will begin to fight and at that stage they're large enough for small mealworms and easier to separate.

To feed them communally, simply just put a fruit fly container in there, or better yet, let fruit get infested outside then put the fruit inside the screen cage- perpetual fruit fly dispenser :p
Vials are too small. use 4-5 oz delicups when they reach i4.

If you can get them, newborn red runners are fantastic and often two slings will share one nymph.
Wow thank you for all of the advice! I went and bought a butterfly cage today. At how old are they allowed to be sold?

Latest posts