• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baboon Enclosure Setup

hellknite

3 Year Member
It is my first time to have a baboon T. Particularly an Augacephalus junodi. I'm not yet familiar how to setup its enclosure. Any tips and suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
I keep mine in arboreal enclosures filled 3/4 with peat. Gives them enough space to burrow and I can see them through the side usualy

hellknite

3 Year Member
I'm researching about baboons so I can prepare well for the setup. I'm expecting another addition by the end of the week, an OBT rcf.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
P.murinus can either be setup in arboreal or terrestrial enclosures. I have all of mine terrestrial as that is how I have seen them live in the wild.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
I heard from someone in the forum that you are very knowledgeable about baboons. Thanks in advance.

No problem.
Not on here very often as I'm fielding queries on a local spider facebook page while trying to work, but check here daily at least.

hellknite

3 Year Member
Ask if you have any questions regarding baboon spiders. I keep a few.
My A. junodi is getting bigger bow. She is still in a deli cup. I need to rehouse her soon. I have a terrestrial enclosure at the moment. Should I fill it the same amount of substrate like most of my new world T's?
Thanks.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
As I said, I keep mine in arboreal enclosures filled 3/4 with peat.
This is probably the most natural way that you can keep them. If you keep them in terrestrial enclosures, they will probably just web a lot or huddle in a corner.

Latest posts