• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B.Smithi Molted

Stephanie

3 Year Member
Hi... My 1 year old B.Smithi molted on the 16th of December. She looks to be doing really good. A little big for her habitat now, but good. How long do I need to wait before I can house her in something bigger? And how long do I have to wait to feed her?

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
Mine molted less than a week ago, and I was told to wait about a week before feeding so the fangs have time to harden up again.

As for the setup, how long is the spider? That's probably more helpful than age when talking about housing.

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Stephanie, wait until your smithi takes a meal before you move her. Then you will know you she is hardened up enough to move without causing any damage. Remember, offering food at 1 week after molt is just a suggestion. Some Ts take longer than that to eat after a molt and that's OK. I wouldn't want you to worry if she refuses. :)

Stephanie

3 Year Member
Andie, my B.Smithi the day after molt

Attachments

• IMG_0237.JPG
    IMG_0237.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 21