• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. smithi and L. parahybana

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Firstly my 2 B. smithi.

Popo, the smallest of the 2. this one never hides.

Pico

Now my 2 LPs

Mole, thought to be male

Pip. Looks like a moult is imminent judging by the second pic..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great pics. Looks like the enclosures need more substrate.

If you mean the LPs, they shift it around no matter what, they've even buried their slabs of slate and their water bowls, and it's piled up at the other end. I'd be rehousing them every few days to keep them as they should be. Another moult or 2 and I have a 2' Pennine viv each for them and I intend to put a strip of plastic along the front to contain the substrate.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hear you. My LP is a bulldozer too, luckily for me he's never gone down to the bare floor.

Mole has always done it, gone right to the plastic bottom so it was suggested I gave them stone to sit on so I bought them slate slabs but it didn't stop him in fact within hours he was under it, on the bottom again. Pip on the other hand has never bothered, it cleared a space under the cork but nowhere near the bottom. A lot of what you're seeing isn't the tub bottom but the half buried slate.