• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B hamorri pairing attempt

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
With your music selection I had to make sure it wasn't two males...
giphy (32).gif

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
With your music selection I had to make sure it wasn't two males...
View attachment 45139
ha ha....you should know by now that I always try and find some dodgy 80s music for all my vids. :D :D :D

serious question though... if you actually tried a mature male with an adult you were unsure of, do the mature males know or do they just go for it like dogs do and hump anything? ha ha
Just something I have always wondered.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
ha ha....you should know by now that I always try and find some dodgy 80s music for all my vids. :D :D :D

serious question though... if you actually tried a mature male with an adult you were unsure of, do the mature males know or do they just go for it like dogs do and hump anything? ha ha
Just something I have always wondered.
They both try to lock up but it ends up being a fight to the death...
DPVJt6Z.gif

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I was breeding versicolor and two males got too close to each other so I got Interested and watched. They both were drumming at each other and both tried to be on top. They started rolling around fighting to I stepped in. It was totally scientific reasons I did this...because I have the spiders to do so. :D I'm sure someone with 3 spiders will call Peta on me.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They both try to lock up but it ends up being a fight to the death...View attachment 45140
is that ONLY when both hooked up? I have a couple of hamorii adults that I am still a bit unsure of based on ventral sexing. So was wondering whether a mature male would know or not. I don't want to risk a fight to the death tho. Cheers buddy.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
is that ONLY when both hooked up? I have a couple of hamorii adults that I am still a bit unsure of based on ventral sexing. So was wondering whether a mature male would know or not. I don't want to risk a fight to the death tho. Cheers buddy.
I've never tried it with a immature male and a mature male. I can try it when I get home and let you know.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've never tried it with a immature male and a mature male. I can try it when I get home and let you know.
please don't risk your spiders, I was only curious if it has ever happened by mistake and whether they both sense it and just avoid each other or not. Unless they are genuinely gay in which case, send me a vid and I will.sort the soundtrack for you....ha ha

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
please don't risk your spiders, I was only curious if it has ever happened by mistake and whether they both sense it and just avoid each other or not. Unless they are genuinely gay in which case, send me a vid and I will.sort the soundtrack for you....ha ha
I've got the males buddy...that's what keeps me in this hobby.
giphy (33).gif