• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. Emilia possibly molting?

KK_Ma_Nene

Hi I’m new here and new to having tarantulas and recently I got an Emilia. It’s been a little over two weeks since we got them a little more than that since they last ate. I got them from a reptile expo and the guy said they were about a year old. Anyways, they like to sit in their water dish (a plastic bottle cap they do not fit in) and hasn’t eaten. I assume they are in premolt but this morning their back legs turned much lighter in color, is this normal?

KK_Ma_Nene

Hi I’m new here and new to having tarantulas and recently I got an Emilia. It’s been a little over two weeks since we got them a little more than that since they last ate. I got them from a reptile expo and the guy said they were about a year old. Anyways, they like to sit in their water dish (a plastic bottle cap they do not fit in) and hasn’t eaten. I assume they are in premolt but this morning their back legs turned much lighter in color, is this normal?
Oh and right not they’ve sorta buried themselves in the wet substrate they created in the corner of their enclosure

KK_Ma_Nene

Is it more than one spider or "they' it's preferred pronoun?
They until I know the gender but I’ll use he/she instead then! Idk how to attach a photo here yet but with this species, should their behind be larger than the carapace in premolt? bc mine is about the same size if not perhaps a little smaller. I will say though I’ve noticed he/she hasn’t shriveled yet in the 3 weeks I had her (he/she last ate 3 days before I had gotten him/her)