• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. Bohmei sling

Piroman_420_

3 Year Member
How long I must wait to molt this little sling (1cm). When I buy it seller say it has 5 molts. I wait about month and half and still nothing. Abdomen isnt darker at all. I feed him with small lateralis (prekilled) but he rare eat them.I see him eat two times in a month, that is nothing on that period.Can somebody help me to grow this little beast?
DSCN0586~2.JPG
DSCN0586.JPG

Last edited:

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When it comes to red legged Brachys, no amount of heating and feeding will hasten its growth, as they are very sloooooow growing. Even the others in the genus are slow growing after a certain point. Might I recommend getting an A. geniculata to pass the time.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are slow as hell growing...make sure it has a shallow water dish and hang tight. It looks plenty fat...probably waiting for its growth cycle to catch up. Your roach even dead is intimidating for a little spider...it would be like serving a whole cow to your child for dinner. ;)

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Temp is 21-25°C.
Can I give him some smaller bugs from outside or flyes? I dont have now smaller roach.
Feeding your tarantula bugs from outside is risky, as they could have been exposed to all sorts of chemicals.

With roaches, you can always cut it into small pieces. Chopped up mealworm or superworm parts are good for slings as well. Chopped up superworms and mealworms are probably some of the best things you can feed your sling, I've found the pickier species will go for these often.

Nunua

3 Year Member
Brachypelma are slow growing and my best example from my small bunch of 12 Ts is my B. auratum.

I got the sling in 12 June 2018 and so far it has molted twice in my care, in 10 August and 26 October. It's currently still smaller than a nail of my pinky finger, so even if people say that small slings keep molting every month... Nah. Not happening with slow growing species :D

B. auratum when I got it:
f908c7be67.png

B. auratum now with oversized premolt butt. I thought I gave it small enough prey waaaaay back, but it was still a tad too much. Hasn't eaten since.
64ba21609c.png

The best way to endure the wait is to get more tarantulas ;)

Latest posts