• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

B. Albiceps or B. Emilia for beginner T.

Codes

3 Year Member
Hello guys, I'm new to this forum but I'm looking to get my first brachy T and was wondering which one of these two are the more docile to own for a first T. Please help with personal experience if you can, thanks

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My emilia has a curiosity i'll call it. Any time i open the enclosure she's out and about seeing what's happening. She'll attack her water dish when it's being filled, and anything that hits the substrate is considered food. Great eater, but I won't do anything in her enclosure without tongs ;)

My albiceps i named Thug, and it fits him. he's aggressive, like the emilia he's out checking everything that happens in his enclosure, but he doesn't just watch when your picking up the bolus or molt scraps, he'll slap the tongs. Like my emilia, anything that falls on the substrate is food and is attacked. I've dropped boluses when cleaning and he's right on them, till he figures out he's already eaten it, then he drops it and waits.

Beautiful awesome Ts ;) they're fine for a beginner i'd think. I'd suggest getting them as slings so you can watch them grow into their colors and personalities.

Redacted

3 Year Member
I've not kept albiceps but I've kept three emilia. All three were very gentle. That is my favorite brachy species.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have 2 emilia. The adult female is pretty docile, flicks hairs but Brachy's do. The oher juvenile female is the feisty one that @Shampain mentioned. Strangely, before moult she was a darling. Must just be he troublesome teenager stage.....lol

Latest posts