• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Awesome A. geniculata feeding clip!!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I chanced upon this quite a while ago, and remembered it and happily managed to find it again. Hands down one of my favourite feeding clips

I know some of you will hate the enclosure and the tong feeding. I totally get that but it's still a great feeding clip and worthy to be shared!

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
One of my geniculata is just as voracious. I tried to feed her this morning but she just kept jumping at the lid of the enclosure everytime I tried to open it!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
One of my geniculata is just as voracious. I tried to feed her this morning but she just kept jumping at the lid of the enclosure everytime I tried to open it!

I'm going to have to get one of my own of these magnificent beasts. It's funny but I often think my boldest 1" albopilosum will grow up to exhibit some of the food aggressive behaviours genics' like yours are known for. I wouldn't dare put my fingers anywhere near this tiny takedown champ. When I start opening up the lid, it rushes towards the disturbance, where the others scurry in the opposite direction (unless that just shows it's stupid lol) It's become a very firm favourite. So it's the next best thing I have to a genic sling, but I really want one of these black and white natural born killers!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nothing wrong with the enclosure. Tong feeding...its cool and badass, I get it. But once you have to nurse a tarantula you'll never forget it.

Heres my sweetie
20191013_105513.jpg
20191108_134144.jpg

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Nothing wrong with the enclosure. Tong feeding...its cool and badass, I get it. But once you have to nurse a tarantula you'll never forget it.

Heres my sweetieView attachment 42372View attachment 42371

True. I have a personal preference for slightly roomier enclosures, as in 2-3 body dls each way but that's just me. It's not necessary. I have to admit I do love to see a good off the tongs feeding, but when I learnt of tarantulas fangs being broken I decided I wasn't going to chance it.
I saw a clip the other month of someone handfeeding their t and it didn't exactly go well lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I chanced upon this quite a while ago, and remembered it and happily managed to find it again. Hands down one of my favourite feeding clips

I know some of you will hate the enclosure and the tong feeding. I totally get that but it's still a great feeding clip and worthy to be shared!

Every day is a good day with s genic in it. Even better when the genic is as feisty as that one. love it.

Latest posts