• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Austin S. Breeding Thread

Austin S.

3 Year Member
Some updated things

A geniculata
oBSGzyM.jpg

C. darling
qU5f7sh.jpg

C. cyaneopubescens female #1
https://vimeo.com/161570294
Female # 2 (Thistles female)
6wHyVuL.jpg

Female # 3 (Thistles female)
8ilLIR0.jpg

H. pulchripes (#2)
KQCIU02.jpg

H. pulchripes
76o8ozU.jpg

H. pulchripes infused slings
GCZRCPc.jpg

Made it to 1i!
nJucYGt.jpg

1RZQSMV.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Those infused slings are amazing, I'm surprised they managed to moult. Please keep us informed of their progress.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It is literally two tarantulas, with one abdomen, but it does have two sets of fangs, two sets of book lungs, two sets of spinnerets, 16 legs, two sets of eyes, etc.

Wouldn't it be fascinating to see inside the abdomen? The danger is that at some point one will try to eat the other which was what happened with a 2 headed snake I followed a few years back.

Austin S.

3 Year Member
Wouldn't it be fascinating to see inside the abdomen? The danger is that at some point one will try to eat the other which was what happened with a 2 headed snake I followed a few years back.

That is what I thought as well, until I noticed that they are faced completely away from each other. One set of fangs is faced in one direction, and the other is faced the opposite direction. I actually don't think they could.

My biggest concern is when they get larger, one of them will struggle so much, that I'm afraid it will detach itself at the pedicel.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That is what I thought as well, until I noticed that they are faced completely away from each other. One set of fangs is faced in one direction, and the other is faced the opposite direction. I actually don't think they could.

My biggest concern is when they get larger, one of them will struggle so much, that I'm afraid it will detach itself at the pedicel.

That's possible. It will also be interesting to see if both or only one eats.

Austin S.

3 Year Member
Tiny update.

These three female Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens were bred the beginning of last month. The first two pictures are of Thistles females.
wiwYj5T.jpg

7qya5C1.jpg

0Atu9HH.jpg

Euathlus sp. 'blue' (pulcherrimaklaasi)
gYFVhCL.jpg

Pamphobeteus ultramarinus female #1
dpjFjch.jpg

I shouldn't need to explain this...
u1UrvHK.jpg

MM
3rx7TOF.jpg

Latest posts