• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Assisting A tarantla in building a burrow.

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
Our B vagans seems to have resumed its interest on building a burrow after 2 molts of not showing any sign of intention of digging. The past couple nights it has tried to dig but seems to give up. will move some dirt, then it keeps walking, goes back to the same location moves more dirt and so on. I moistened the area to try and make it easier for it to did if it wants too. howere back when it was a 1/2 inch it built itself a pretty significant burrow in mostly dry eco earth. any suggestions on approaching on assisting it and seeing if it wants a burrow. i've heard people using a pipe to start a burrow. or should it use my finger and press down a inch or so and see if it continues the work from their?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Give her a hand, by all means. Vagans are opportunistic burrowers, not obligate. Mine just stayed in her cork tube forever, but any semi secure burrow or hide will do.
Mine did the same. I put a half cork bark tube maybe 6 inches long and sloped the substrate underneath to resemble a burrow. She's dug it out a bit more, made the opening a little smaller than i had, and made a small opening at the back so prey can sneak in that way if they're up for it ;)

Latest posts