• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone use a microscope cam?

I've been trying to photograph my T with husbands ant cam, I must say it's not easy to get clear shots. If anyone out there uses them tips will not be turned down lol. I will say that seeing the web tunnel magnified is super cool even If I didn't get the best pics of my T. I think I'll try again if my T decides to move away from the very corners of its enclosure, which has caused images to become distorted.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks I'll try and find the thread :)
No need. The USB scope I use was around 35 bucks iirc, I bought it 5 or 6 years ago. Its great for static pics, but ideally if you want to get good macro shots, you should be using a macro setup. There's a macro setting on most phone cams now, and some of them produce some pretty impressive and detailed shots of spiders, insects, etc. But theres also a cheap way of setting up a basic camera for the most detailed and gorgeous macrophotography shots you'll ever see. It involves reversing lenses and adding a few things, but I never followed through, there always seems to be something that interrupts me. Google economy macrophotography. I've never actually tried taking any pics with the usb scope of webs or live kills, I think it may be the wrong tool for the job. A little too close and detailed, if you get me. Hope this helps.

I use a usb scope with a light currently, I just now thought of this but maybe I could get some good macro shots with my Nikon, I'll try with my phone when my daughter naps. I was just trying to get some shots with the usb cam that my husband uses and I can tell it's going to take me some time before I can get any good useable photos. This could turn out to be a totally valid reason to buy a new lens haha

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use a usb scope with a light currently, I just now thought of this but maybe I could get some good macro shots with my Nikon, I'll try with my phone when my daughter naps. I was just trying to get some shots with the usb cam that my husband uses and I can tell it's going to take me some time before I can get any good useable photos. This could turn out to be a totally valid reason to buy a new lens haha
Yeah, even with a nice macro setup on a dslr camera I've heard it takes a lot of patience to get good pics. Some of the macro pics out there will literally take your breath away.

Tnoob

I just got one of those, not custom though. And now have twelve magazines, a quad rail, light, lazer, and flip up sights. Im hooked on the platform now.

Attachments

• 20190215_183243.jpg
    20190215_183243.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 4

Tnoob

It's great
I just got one of those, not custom though. And now have twelve magazines, a quad rail, light, lazer, and flip up sights. Im hooked on the platform now.
It's a great round for urban combat, but you want something heavier for long distance. I'd take a 308, especially if I lived in South Texas though. You're going to go through a few rounds trying to snatch a javalina.