• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone know the genus?

Is this a Goliath birdeater/genus?

• T. Blondi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T. Stirmi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Yeah I definitely see what you're seeing but here are my thoughts

For Lasiodora:
-carapace
-leg colorations in the most recent photo (start of darkening of tops)
-sling colorations (stripes)

Against Lasiodora:
-growth rate (4 years old and still looks like that?)
-lack of hair (although could be pics)
-carapace shape alone doesn't prove anything (see picture below of phormictopus that looks very much like OPs spider)

OP called it "he" in the original post. If it is indeed a male, I am going back to 100% not a Lasiodora because they put on crazy size during young molts
Good points, 4 years does seem pretty long but it looked no bigger then 1" to begin with so not out of the question. I got my Lp at 2" and i powerfed the heck out of her and had her big quick. I got my klugi at 3/4" and just do weekly feedings, after 2 years she's only 3.5 maybe 4" at most so i could see it taking another year and a half or so to get her anywhere near that so she'll be around 4 then considering she was atleast 6 months old when i got her.

spodermin

Yeah pet stores are the worst with that i actually seen the biggest Lp ever at a small exotics store and it was listed a goliath. They wanted $300 for it because they were under the impression it was T.blondi. I told them they were out of their minds lol tried to talk em down on it but wouldn't budge. I felt bad for it. It was as big as my size 13 sneaker and was cramped in a 2.5 gal short tank with no substrate and a rotted pinky mouse in the corner. Needless to say i never went back there.

Christ that sounds like the petstore from hell

Latest posts