• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone heard of the false widow??

jon ross

3 Year Member
Hi peeps. Anyone heard of the false widow?? Its a british wild spider with a black abdomen with a white streek in it. Apparently their bite has sent people to hospitals and are considered aggrssive and dangerous. I have a few in my workshop and have handled them with no more fuss than any other british wild spider. Just wana know if the acusations are true or not. Ive got a pic so ill post it in a bit.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
To be quite honest its about time spiders got there own back, I'm sick of people saying "ugh, I hate spiders, I just squash them." They are amazing, clean, funny animals, not something to squash cos they wandered into the house and they've got extra legs. Ill probably get bitten and loose an arm now i've said that :)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Exactly. Of course there are some dangerous spiders but like you said about sharks, just leave them alone. I read somewhere that over 50 % of the whole worlds population dislike spiders but we can't go round killing things we don't like. I don't think the false widows are too bad but some people are allergic to them .

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So we kill what we don't like ? Haha guess e better get a gun and a lot of ammo, I dislike a lot of people. Again, we humans tend to be the invasive species. So called superior, although we've ruined so many eco systems caused extinction of so many animals.

jon ross

3 Year Member
I totally agree. Humans are a cancer of the world. I love animals and would never unlawfully kill something. People are just too set on thier own compfy little ways to take a look and aprieciate different things from this planet. If some one at work spots a spider and tries to kill it i stop them quick and same goes anytime, anywere

Latest posts