• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any ideas if my G-Rosea is in Premolt?

G-Johnson

3 Year Member
Hey guys,

Any ideas if my G-Rosea is in premolt? This is my first T and I'm unsure what to make of this.. A small section of the abdomen is slightly bald and looks somewhat 'flakey' at times :confused:

Peaches.jpg

Any opinions/advice would be highly appreciated :)

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Hey guys,

Any ideas if my G-Rosea is in premolt? This is my first T and I'm unsure what to make of this.. A small section of the abdomen is slightly bald and looks somewhat 'flakey' at times :confused:

View attachment 9289

Any opinions/advice would be highly appreciated :)
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Yes it looks to be in pre molt, the bald area will get very dark and become shiny. Remember it will spin a web mat, flip on its back to molt. Just let nature follow its course and don't disrupt the process. No need for worry about the scaly skin, after the molt you receive a fresh looking and somewhat larger T.
Also be prepared for mood swings and long periods of fasting, sometimes lasting many months. Keep the substrate dry and the water dish full.
Nice looking specimen and I like the plant plus a proper sized water dish. [emoji106] Looks to me you have done the research prior to purchasing. Keep up the good work.
This is a very addictive hobby, and your "wish list" will increase in size as your bank account dwindles. Lol!!
Enjoy the hobby!!
Happy T'ing.

G-Johnson

3 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Yes it looks to be in pre molt, the bald area will get very dark and become shiny. Remember it will spin a web mat, flip on its back to molt. Just let nature follow its course and don't disrupt the process. No need for worry about the scaly skin, after the molt you receive a fresh looking and somewhat larger T.
Also be prepared for mood swings and long periods of fasting, sometimes lasting many months. Keep the substrate dry and the water dish full.
Nice looking specimen and I like the plant plus a proper sized water dish. [emoji106] Looks to me you have done the research prior to purchasing. Keep up the good work.
This is a very addictive hobby, and your "wish list" will increase in size as your bank account dwindles. Lol!!
Enjoy the hobby!!
Happy T'ing.

Thank you so much for your reply, I was hoping it was pre molt, yay :)
I've some research in terms of the molting process and I'll be giving her all the time and space she needs..
Do you know how long it will be until she starts to molt? And also how long it will take? Or does this differ on specimen?
She seems to be enjoying her setup, baring in mind she was in a plastic container locked away in a pet store I'd love it too lol, it's great to hear somebody else approves as being a noob can be hard work lol.
I'm already considering what T I should get next!

Thanks again :D