• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Am i crazy?

rénee

3 Year Member
So this could just be my mind playing tricks on me.. but to me it looks as if my G. rosea's abdomen has shrunk a bit since i got her, for awhile there it looked really big and plump, it doesn't look shrivelled, just looks small? I know some people have said that some T's just don't have larger abdomens, but i find it weird that a few weeks ago she looked like she was going to burst, now not so much? I do try and feed her every week of 1 cricket, and even tried a meal worm, but she has not been interested in anything. I have had her for just over a month now, and yes i do know Rosea's fast. All she does is sit in 1 spot, which again.. some Roseas are just not active, but she also went crazy webbing for a few days, but now has stopped and not bothered at all..

I did include pictures. The First picture is when i first got her, the second picture is about 2 weeks later, the third picture is about another 2 weeks later, and the last picture is from today (I'm sure that angles of pictures taken also had an effect), But to me because i see her in person everyday.. just seems to have shrunk..

Just want to check with the professionals here if I'm worrying for nothing….o_O

*ps. that last photo is kind of bad quality.. i can retake one if needed

Attachments

• 20151109_102412.jpg
    20151109_102412.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20151119_225522.jpg
    20151119_225522.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 20151130_085625.jpg
    20151130_085625.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • 20151220_155547.jpg
    20151220_155547.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

rénee

3 Year Member
well yes, i mean the abdomen doesn't look too small, i have seen way smaller... but in reality its just crazy and frustrating that it is smaller then when i first got her lol.. i mean really, if its getting smaller, just eat you dang little one :mad::p

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think its just a matter of how shes holding herself, shes looks plump and pretty to me, stop worrying ^^

rénee

3 Year Member
Lmao I know.. joys of being new to T's I guess!

What do you mean by a few out of place hairs out of curiosity lol. I did get her from a petstore ( bad idea- not saying I regret her just they didn't take good care of her) I have also been told by somebody else that she has a few molt scars, but I'm hoping with her molt with me she will be like brand new :)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks A okay to me. When you say getting smaller, then it obviously is consuming its store of food in its abdomen considering that it has not eaten for awhile now. However, current size is not a cause of alarm. When it gets small enough, I am sure that your T will attack whatever you're gonna give it! Hope you're not in the hair-pulling stage yet. :D

Latest posts