• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Already want more tarantulas!

Brittni

3 Year Member
I first adopted a Chilean Rose hair from a crazy lady off craigslist. It was a fair deal and came with hide/terrarium. My spider was left in with tons of dead crickets and the lady would just dump a whole bag in. At first, I didn't even like spiders - was slightly afraid of them; however, overcame this quickly. He/she was the first tarantula I have ever picked up in my entire life. His/her name is Fluffy.

644709_3240678275161_1482238184_n.jpg

66260_3240678115157_1769668196_n.jpg

481525_3388416568526_2030532015_n.jpg

The first molt I ever witnessed. Can't wait for another!

150584_3301712800986_701379578_n.jpg

After upgrading my dartfrogs, I had a leftover 5gal which I decided to get another tarantula. I researched what colors this local reptile shop had by me; however, didn't research temperament at all. Ended up with my little OBT, Creamsicle. I love it's shiny green toes :D and can not wait for him/her to get bigger!

68058_3372146681789_1532291655_n.jpg

486272_3315847554346_312438258_n.jpg

Now these aren't the most recent pictures, it's made a HUGE web mansion that he/she can travel throughout. It started by digging a tunnel/webbing underground but not sure there's enough substrate for that. Hasn't touched his hide at all! It's basically where the crickets hide. And it hasn't molted yet.

I want more tarantulas already!

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's an addicting hobby lol I've lost count of howmany I have.
quick word of advice though, get rid of that repti-bark. It's horrible for Ts.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You have a couple of gorgeous T's there! There is an OBT at a local shop that they ordered by mistake....I'm still too nervous to own one, but I keep thinking about that poor thing never finding a home because of it's temperament hehe.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think if it were just me living in the house I wouldn't be so nervous. I just wouldn't want an accidental 'teleportation' escape when I have small animals and a little boy in the house hehe.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think if it were just me living in the house I wouldn't be so nervous. I just wouldn't want an accidental 'teleportation' escape when I have small animals and a little boy in the house hehe.

I just sent you a PM about OBTs

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I think an OBT will be my first fossorial T. :) I love their personalities.

They're not really fossorial. They don't burrow. They'll make an elaborate web/funnel at the base of their hide, or a piece of Bark, I'll take some picture when I get home.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yay! If my hubby hadn't thrown such a fit about a B. vagans I likely would have ended up with one in my last order...

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Seems like the current price is too high for that T (shocker lol), so going to leave it for now, but I'm going to keep checking back to see if they lower the price. Really wish the T hobby was bigger here. I'm going to go have a look at another store tomorrow that just got a new shipment in. None of my 'wishlist' spiders are on there, but I want to see if something catches my eye anyhow. I have some B-day money (and a desire for spiders) burning a hole in my pocket right now lol

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have been absolutely dying to go to the shop where I got my juvie B. vagans again. But I know if I go I won't leave empty handed and my hubby will kill me!