• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

After a week

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
After a week with the first group of new additions, I am going to give some updates.

All have eaten already (cut up superworms).

The three H. villosella have done some webbing, but tend to hang out in plain sight. The sling that molted ate yesterday.

The female P. lugardi webbed up her enclosure and is utilizing the premade burrow.

The two C. marshalli and C. darlingi slings webbed up their enclosures and now they are the definition of pet holes.

The four P. irminia look stunning even as slings one sling is visible, but not out in the open, two are always hiding, the fourth one is out in the open.

My P. langenbucheri is out in the open and actually not defensive or skittish. It is quickly rising up among my favorites.

The two B. vagans slings are quite skittish, but are fantastic eaters.

Theneil

3 Year Member
Watch for a molt with the langenbucheri. I know it wasn’t super plump, but i think i have had 5 of the others molt over the last couple weeks, and they are big enough to reliably sex. Especially if you have a bit of magnification. :) (the little speed demons (H. villosella) will eat and molt like little monsters too. LOL

Latest posts