• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice for Drying Out Coco Fiber

Tigerpunkk

3 Year Member
Hey there! I was wondering if anyone had any advice for drying out coco fiber in the fall/winter? I'm due for a rehouse and I need to soak a new substrate brick, but it's finally reaching the point where it's too cold to leave it outside to dry.
Has anyone had experience successfully drying it out any other way?

Lentulus

3 Year Member
Lay it out as thinly as possible. You could use a large trash bag or something like that and then spread it thin. That would speed things up. Some folks don’t mind baking it.

Mundo exotico

You can put in a big bag, spread it and use a dryer to speed up or leave it near some heat source for couple of days. If you use the oven use it in low temperature

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You can put it layered out on a cooking pan and above your heater (if you have steam or water heaters). The boiler room works well too. I tried the over but almost lost my life when my wife caught me red-handed ;)

ABYZL

I had tons to dry out fast when my big girl was coming home and I did use the oven. My spouse wasn't overly impressed but it worked. I had it 100 Celsius or 220 Fahrenheit which worked. It took awhile though and it's important to cool it down before filling enclosure of course. The oven kills any fungus spores in there as well which is a bonus ;)

Latest posts