• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acanthoscurria geniculata heating?

Fisk3/12/15

3 Year Member
Hey Guys after alot of debate i have choosen to get a Acanthoscurria geniculata as my 2nd T , my first is a Grammostola porteri and shes awesome :D:D.

The T will be 1.5cm - 3cm so im just wondering how will i keep the T warm at that size?

Also the picture attached is the container i will be buying for the T .. is the conatnier okay for the size of the white knee?

Im buy the Acanthoscurria geniculata from www.bugzuk.com has anyone used them before?

Thanks guys :T::T:

Attachments

• pudeleczka.jpg
    pudeleczka.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 18

Rockpython

3 Year Member
I heat all my spiders in an old entertainment center with a space heater inside. But, that said, my basement gets to 54 degrees sometimes. If your living space is comfortable for you with tee shirt and shorts, your T will be fine

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Room temperature is fine. Your cup looks good, A geniculata grow fairly fast. I have not used bugzuk.com but others who have, have been happy with them.

Bugmom

3 Year Member
The container will be fine but likely grown out of fairly quick. Expect a lot of attitude when he/she starts getting some size, or heck, maybe even now (which frankly is the best part of genics, if you ask me). Genics never turn down food. They will eat you out of house and home if you let them, and it can be tempting to overfeed something that is so enthusiastic to eat, so try not to do that haha.

So long as your comfortable at room temp, your spiders will be too. Now enjoy your eight legs of attitude :D

Wayne harper

3 Year Member
Hey Guys after alot of debate i have choosen to get a Acanthoscurria geniculata as my 2nd T , my first is a Grammostola porteri and shes awesome :D:D.

The T will be 1.5cm - 3cm so im just wondering how will i keep the T warm at that size?

Also the picture attached is the container i will be buying for the T .. is the conatnier okay for the size of the white knee?

Im buy the Acanthoscurria geniculata from www.bugzuk.com has anyone used them before?

Thanks guys :T::T:
I've bought from bugzuk and what a service he offers, he kept the g pulchripes for over a month so I could give it to my little boy as a birthday pressie and never asked for any extra money. The tarantula came so well packaged it took 20 mins to get in and see it. I emailed him a few times regarding differant things and always got a reply very quick.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The container will be fine but likely grown out of fairly quick. Expect a lot of attitude when he/she starts getting some size, or heck, maybe even now (which frankly is the best part of genics, if you ask me). Genics never turn down food. They will eat you out of house and home if you let them, and it can be tempting to overfeed something that is so enthusiastic to eat, so try not to do that haha.

So long as your comfortable at room temp, your spiders will be too. Now enjoy your eight legs of attitude :D

I must have a 1 off genic :) i dropped a mature lateralis in his enclosure friday night and he ran from it. He's been extremely skittish after his molt too. Spends most of his time hiding under the corkbark. He's about 2.5" now after his molt a couple weeks ago. I was hoping after molting his big boy attitude that drew me to the genics would start to show. Maybe another molt is needed for that.

I keep mine at room temp 75ish year round. I also mist the sphagnum moss in the corner of his ecnlosure a time or 2 each week and keep his water dish full daily. It's most comfy for me and the Ts live in my room until we can get a better insulation strip for the external door in my son's room. Then his spiders will move in there (genic, GBB, B. boehmei, G. rosea, A. versicolor).

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on your new genic and your setup is fine. My genic has not eaten in my care as it immediately goes into hiding after it arrived. Just found out that it molted a couple of days ago. I hope it will show up soon so that I can witness this species attitude reputation firsthand. ;)

Latest posts